- Maintenance of environmental stability and ecological balance.
- Conservation of natural heritage and endowments.
- Increasing substantially forest/tree cover.
- Meeting the requirements of growing population.
- Encourage efficient utilization of wood and to maximize wood substitution.
Different strategies being adopted include things like - (a) having a minimum
of 33% of area under tree cover and 75% cover within hills (b) massive
time-bound program of forestation and tree planting (c) encouraging farmers to
practice farm forestry (d) involvement of people in forest conservation and (e)
encouraging efficient utilization of wood and to maximize wood substitution.
- Protection for wild birds and animals.
- Control of Forest Development Corporation.
- Zoological and Botanical gardens.
- Policy and Planning of Human Habitation.
- Environmental Conservation and its Protection.
- Environment Research and Education.
- Environment Planning and Co-ordination in Urban and Rural Areas.